CareersWATERAX is a tight-knit team, a range of professionals who share the goal
of providing wildland firefighters with the tools they need to succeed.
Trusted by wildland firefighters around the world, WATERAX sets the industry standard by developing innovative portable fire pumps and water-handling equipment designed to withstand demanding applications and rugged environments. With a time-tested legacy of reliability, WATERAX carries on its mission to place powerful, precision-engineered pumps into the hands of the men and women who need to move water to protect our lives and communities from the ravages of wildfires.
Reporting to the President, the Financial Controller provides leadership and vision to ensure strategic business alignment and effectively manage the day-to-day operations in the finance department towards achieving fiscal goals and objectives. Through the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices, the Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring and improving the overall systems, productivity, efficiency and profitability of finance and operations.
Roles and responsibilities
- Strategic Planning - Work with management team to plan effective strategies for the financial well being of the company. Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis – Provide robust and accurate financial information in a timely manner to support the senior management team. Utilize financial data to improve profitability.
- Anticipate and address potential risks to the company and suggest ways to mitigate risk, including developing strategies to reduce financial risk exposure such as currency fluctuations, debt, cash flow, etc...
- Prepare and control operational budgets, capital investments, and Cash Flow.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental, and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to policies, regulations and procedures.
- Build productive working relationships with stakeholders to understand their business operations and the financial information needs of end users.
- Undertake a range of other activities within the Corporate Finance function, in conjunction with other Finance staff, such as maintenance of consolidated key finance activities; banking compliance certificates, government compliance and filing obligations, and internal control activities.
- Lead, manage, and coach accounting team members, clarifying their tasks and responsibilities, and creating opportunities to develop and utilise their skills.
- Identifies and seeks approval to implement improvements and new ideas within the team and company.
- Adheres to WATERAX's high ethical standards and code of conducts.